Shopping QR Codes
QR code at the grocery store!
- This is a perfect example of how QR codes have been now implemented in the marketing industry for many retailers. Remember back when we were younger, maybe ten years ago, while walking through the store we used to have those coupon dispensers in front of certain items at the grocery store? Specifically, the one that comes immediately to my mind is Price Chopper. Well, just the other day, I was in Target and saw a QR code (not the one advertised on this site) on the end cap of one of the aisles I was in. I scanned the code just for fun and got a coupon for the item that I was buying. Brilliant! To think that ten years ago we were wasting paper and resources to print these coupons and use them, now we can just scan a bar code and be done!
- Very cool Gap! I saw one of these while Christmas shopping with my wife. Yes, it is October, and yes, she drags me shopping this early every year. Haha. I was making it a fun experience for myself by trying to see how many QR codes I could find throughout the mall…it kept me very occupied to say the least! Lol
- Clever idea Walmart! What a great marketing piece. Scan the barcode and get a demo of the product.
- What a great idea for Home Depot! Ever go shopping at a store, see a product that you like, but you don’t know if it’s going to work for you or what other people who have purchased the same item think of it? Well, Home Depot just solved your problem!
- Here's a list of sweet marketing campaigns by a few well-known distributors on how they are utilizing QR codes. I particularly like the Dole salad one for those fellow people who do not know what a knife is. ;)
Shopping QR codes are great! I mean, everywhere you go, you see one and they are always leading to product reviews, coupons, discounts and much more. I personally think they are great...gone are the days where I need to clip out coupons or wait for them in the mail. Now with a click of a button they are right on my phone!
Even though QR codes are booming right now, the next wave of the future, in my opinion, will be Near Field Communication. Has anyone ever seen this in action…there are some pretty neat features about it. One very cool one that I saw was a function that you can use your smartphone to pay for a purchase by storing the credit card information on your phone and then with Near Field Communication, you are able to scan the information and pay for your purchase!